As Featured in MG Magazine (August 2017)
- To catalyze the development of a truly organic / sustainable / regenerative cannabis sector.
What we're doing:
- Update (February 2018): We've partnered with HerbaBuena to create an epic, vertically-integrated, beyond organic cannabis supply chain - including cultivation, manufacturing and retail! Watch this space for exciting news in the coming months.
- Sustainable Cannabis Coalition: Developing industry-wide environmental initiatives, starting with a state-wide vape cart recycling program. Join the conversation at: www.SustainableCannabisCoalition.com and www.facebook.com/Sustainable420.
About Michael Straus:
For 25 years, Michael has dedicated his life to organic food and sustainable agriculture’s development. In his early years, Michael was key to the launch of Straus Family Creamery, the first organic dairy west of the Mississippi, which was started by his family. He then founded Straus Communications, one of the first public relations agencies specializing in organics and sustainability, with 100+ clients including Bon Appetit Management Company, Organic Bouquet, B Corporations and Safeway’s O Organics. Michael created the nationally-syndicated Beyond Organic Radio Show, and served as Senior Editor for Green Traveler Guides, where he interviewed eco-pioneers in Mongolia, Nepal, Indonesia, Lebanon and beyond. Currently, Michael co-manages Straus Home Ranch, his family's farmstead in coastal West Marin.
UrbanDictionary: "Hugo": a man who can hold his smoke, he can inhale a huge hit of weed with out the slightest cough afterward, a god of weed. Example: "I am so hugo it's not even funny." Hugo also happens to be Michael's middle name ... coincidence or... synchronicity?
- "Who grows your pot? Petaluma startup seeks cannabis labels" (Petaluma Argus Courier, February 22, 2018)
- "Deep Roots - Temple Extracts Has Deep Roots in Cannabis" (MG Magazine, August, 2017)
Stay In Touch:
— Cannabis Sustainability Conference (Petaluma, CA), February 15, 2018
“Cannabis & the role of organics”
— Eco-Farm Conference (Pacific Grove, CA), January 24-27, 2018
“From Roots to Fruits: Building resiliency for our farms, manufacturers, distributors and dispensaries”
— NCIA Cannabis Business Summit & Expo (Oakland), June 12, 2017
“Keep It Green: Envisioning a sustainable cannabis industry”
— Harvest Market (SF), April 26, 2017
- “Prop 64 has passed, now what?”
— New Living Expo (San Mateo), April 29, 2017